The StratusLab distribution provides a simple command line client to install, configure and start the StratusLab Cloud services and components.
The deployment described in this tutorial requires two physical machines with a minimal version of CentOS 6 (or compatible) installed. The deployment consists of the two StratusLab machine types:
- Front-End - machine for VM management and storage services
- Node - machine that hosts virtual machines
The procedure for installing a minimal StratusLab cloud consists of the following steps:
- Verification of all of the prerequisites.
- Installation of the StratusLab administrator tools.
- Definition of all of the StratusLab service parameters.
- Configuration and installation of the Front End.
- Configuration and installation of the Node.
- Validation of the cloud installation.