Each code repository must have a README (in markdown format). It must contain the following:
- A description describing the purpose of the code
- A statement about the license
- Any acknowledgements (e.g. for the European Commission)
It can also describe:
- Manual installation instructions for the service
- Firewall and port requirements
or any other relevant information.
The collaboration maintains three guides: one for users, one for administrators, and one for contributors. These should be reviewed and updated when significant changes are made to the code. These must be reviewed before each release.